The role of the school council is one of setting the long term future for the school and maintaining oversight (not management) of the school’s operation. The Council delegates responsibility for the operation and administration of the school to the Principal.
The three critical roles of our school council are as follows:
- Developing the strategic plan.
- Approving the annual budget.
- Setting and reviewing policies.
Other roles include:
- School maintenance
- School community engagement
The council consists of the following members:
- Paul Grant – President
- Melanie Rigby – Vice President
- Jo Edmonds – Treasurer
- Suzanne Morrison – Parent
- Vince Distefano – Parent
- Deborah Halliday – Parent
- Juliet Cooper – Principal (DET)
- Anne O’Brien – Assistant Principal (DET)
- Natasha Adler – DET
- Jennifer Robinson – DET
- Michael O’Connell – Co-opted Community Member
- Michelle Blannin – Co-opted Community Member
- Michelle McElholum – Co-opted Community Member